*Most helpful is the 3 ways of mixing brown.
1. The place represented in my art is the beach, from a view of one would have when looking down towards it. The beach is important to me as it is the only vacation place my family consistently goes to each summer, sometimes with my cousins from another state. This makes it a place I remember for gathering and spending time with my family. Since we go during the summer, it is also a calm place to be for me as there is nothing to stress about, rather it is fun and enjoyable.
2. The most challenging part of my picture was getting the depth and texture of the water in the ocean to look more realistic and water-like, instead of being perfectly still. The addition of the right amount of light reflecting in the water was difficult to get correct.
3. I believe that the most successful part of my piece is the sky and clouds. The color blue that I was able to create for the sky looks realistic and very similar to my reference image. I slowly made the clouds with my brush and added white around them which resulted in a realistic look. The various greens in the bush where it is lighter towards the top where the sunlight would hit also contributed to the success as a whole as it helped bring in sunlight to the painting.
4. The process of painting this image started with finding a good reference image to base my painting off of, and priming the paper. After mixing the appropriate colors to match the reference image that I chose, I started by adding a sky section, an ocean section, and a shore section to my painting and waited for it to dry. Then I added another layer of darker blue to certain parts of the sky, and clouds. Next was the ocean, then the sand, and after that dried, adding white to the ocean where it splashes on the shore. I then added the bush with various types of green in the corner and fixed minor details in the painting to finish.
* I will have a watercolor painting in progress